Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pink Ring sling

Here is a newbie baby asleep in a ring sling. This is one of the nicest features of slinging. YOu can wear your baby and then slip him/her off (this baby is not mine by the way!!) and leave asleep with your smell still close by. This was often the only way I could get Ava to sleep without me holding her as an infant was to have a sling or pouch around her! Not to mention it's a built in blanket!

Here I am holding a 1 week old on my back. This is really a nice way to carry - he is safe and I could (If I had realy wanted to) vaccum or do housework, cook or do things without worrying about baby getting in the way!

This is my favoirte carry, front -upright. YES you can hold a NEWBORN upright. I have talked with many mamas who worry about asphixiation with newborns when you carry them cradle style. I always hated carrying cradle style and liked my babies closer and upright. When you wear baby up high on your chest you hardly notice you are holding them at all - and you are totally hands free! And baby can hear your heartbeat!

Ok - look at the sling - not me - but here is another angle of the upright hold. Thanks baby Thomas for being such a good model!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home